This policy governs the personal data we collect from you during your use of our Website, account creation, and utilization of our applications or services (referred to as "you" or "your"). It outlines the types of personal data we collect, the reasons for collecting it, how we use it, the lawful grounds for processing your personal data, its storage, and our information sharing practices.
For the purposes of this policy, "personal data" is defined as any information that can identify you.
To establish an account and access our specialized services, we require you to submit certain essential personal information. You are also given the option to provide additional, more detailed information.
For the purpose of registration, you must provide either:
- Your chosen username and a valid email address,
- Or, credentials from an established social internet service, such as Google.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our Website and applications (both mobile and desktop) automatically collect analytics information when you use them. This data includes general device information, device identifiers (such as Google Advertising ID for Android devices, or IDFA for iOS devices), network details, and interactions with our website and applications. We only collect pseudonymous data, which does not contain personally identifiable information from your profile. This information is crucial for analyzing and enhancing the performance of our services and applications, as well as for further development and testing. We utilize both internal analytics tools and third-party service providers for these purposes. More details about our use of third-party analytics providers can be found in the Analytics Providers section below.
When you interact with us through phone, email, or via our Website and other services, we process any personal data you choose to provide. This information is used to facilitate communication and improve our service offerings.
Our website, like most, employs web server log files. These logs include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers, referring/exit pages, platform types, and date/time stamps. We utilize these logs to manage the site, provide general traffic information for site planning, and ensure compliance with our terms of service. It's important to note that IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information in our web server log files.
Deleting Your User Account
You have the option to discontinue using our Website and/or application and request the deletion of your account. Your account will be removed after a 30-day period.
Occasionally, we may need to send important service-related announcements, for example, in cases of extended service interruptions or significant functionality updates. All users may receive these notifications via email.
When you submit a support ticket, we use your contact information, device details, server logs, problem description, and any additional supportive materials (like videos or screenshots) to assist in resolving your issue(s).
Data Received from Third Parties
When you log in to your account using your credentials from internet services like Google, these services provide us with your username and email address linked to those credentials. We do not have control over, nor do we assume any responsibility for, the methods these third parties use to gather and process your personal data.
Legitimate Business Interests
We process your personal data as necessary for various legitimate business interests, which include:
- Responding to your inquiries, comments, or grievances;
- Administering our services to better understand user interaction with our Website and application, and ensuring optimal presentation for you and your device;
- Developing and enhancing our mobile applications;
- Conducting internal business/technical operations, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and maintaining the security of our Website, network, and information systems;
- "Legitimate interests" in this context means Azullian's and our affiliated businesses' interests in conducting and managing our business. When processing personal data for these interests, we balance potential impacts on you and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate interests do not automatically override your interests. We avoid using personal data for activities where our interests are outweighed by the impact on users, unless we have your explicit consent or are otherwise required or permitted by law.
- You have the right to object to processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests, on grounds relating to your particular situation (see "User Rights" section below for more information).
Usage of Personal Information
We utilize personal data in various ways crucial for delivering the services you use, meeting legitimate interests, and complying with legal obligations, as detailed below.
We generally do not depend solely on your consent for processing personal data if other lawful grounds are available. If we do rely on your consent, we will explicitly inform you at that point.
Children and Sensitive Personal Data
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly gather personal information from children under 18, or sensitive personal data (as defined by Art. 9 GDPR, including racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, etc.). If you suspect we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us to either secure special consent or delete the information.
Management of User Accounts and Profiles
Your contact details, like your username and email address, are used for the following purposes:
- To verify and secure your user account and our services, and to prevent spam, fraud, and abuse;
- To manage and confirm actions related to your user account;
- To send a welcome activation email to new users for email address verification;
- (For Paid Users) To deliver subscription services and communicate with you about your use of these services, which is essential for fulfilling your requests.
- Paid Users will receive notification emails from our payment processor about billing issues for auto-renew subscriptions. These messages are mandatory and cannot be opted out of, though users can choose to delete their accounts.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your personal data with third parties in the following scenarios:
- Service Providers: Azullian collaborates with third parties who provide operational support, such as (i) payment processing services, (ii) IT support and data hosting providers essential for subscription services and other offerings, (iii) web and mobile analytics, (iv) digital advertising services, and (v) marketing and sales software solutions. These third parties may access, process, or store personal data under our instruction and solely for the services they provide.
- Payment Information: For billing, Paid Users must provide payment details (name, address, payment card or account information). This information is processed by our payment processors and is not accessed by us. In case of order processing issues, we use the provided email address for contact. For more details on information collection by our payment processors, like Stripe, refer to their privacy policies.
- Third Party Content Providers:
- Azullian Affiliated Businesses: Our affiliated businesses may access and process the information we collect from you for the purposes outlined above, including offering products and services.
- Analytics Providers: We use third-party services for analytics on our services and applications, to monitor usage and improve functionality.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a sale or acquisition of our business or assets, personal data held by us about our users may be transferred.
- We do not share personal information with advertisers, only aggregate data like ad impressions and clicks.
If we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing before your withdrawal. We typically do not rely solely on consent for data processing if other lawful bases are available. If consent is the basis, we will clearly communicate this to you at the relevant time.
Upon your request, we will verify whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of this data along with pertinent details. For any additional copies requested, a reasonable fee might be charged depending on the specific situation.
Data Processing Restriction
You can request us to restrict or 'block' the processing of your personal data in certain situations, such as if you contest the accuracy of the data or oppose our processing methods. Before lifting any restriction on processing, we will inform you. If your data has been disclosed to third parties, we will aim to notify them of the restriction. Also, if feasible and legal, we will inform you about whom your personal data has been shared with, allowing direct contact with them.
Data Retention Practices
We retain your personal data (1) until you request the deletion of your account, or (2) as necessitated by legal requirements or for legitimate business purposes, such as for tax, legal, accounting, fraud, or abuse prevention purposes. This retention may continue even after an account is closed. After the relevant retention period expires, your personal data will be securely destroyed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In certain cases, we may anonymize your data, rendering it no longer associated with you, and thus, it is no longer considered personal data. For those who opt-in to receive marketing communications, we retain your data until you unsubscribe, which can be done using the 'unsubscribe' button in our marketing emails. We may introduce additional unsubscribe methods in the future.
You have the right to discontinue using our Services and request the deletion or removal of your personal data under certain circumstances. If we have shared your data with others, we will notify them of the deletion wherever possible. If requested, and where possible and lawful, we will also inform you with whom we have shared your personal data so you can directly contact them if necessary.
For more details, please refer to the "User account deleting" section.
Objections to Data Processing
- Request us to cease processing your personal data at any time. If we are processing your data based on a legitimate interest, we will stop unless there are overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- Object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes at any time. You can do this by clicking the "unsubscribe" button in our marketing emails.
Data Accuracy and Correction
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected or completed if it is incomplete. You can view, manage, and/or update your personal data in the Profile Settings.
If we have shared your personal data with others, we will notify them of any corrections made, where possible. If requested, and where feasible and lawful, we will also inform you with whom we have shared your personal data so you can directly contact them if necessary.
External Site Links
We may include links to third-party websites on our Website. These external sites are governed by their own privacy policies, and we are not responsible for their content, activities, or privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any external sites you visit.
You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us, either with your consent or as necessary for our contractual obligations to you. We will supply your data in a structured, widely used, and machine-readable format, allowing you the flexibility to reuse it elsewhere.
Lodging a Complaint with a Data Protection Authority
If you have concerns regarding our management of your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with a relevant data protection authority in any EU member state or with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) in the UK. To exercise this or any other data-related rights, please reach out to us directly. Be aware that we may need to obtain additional information from you to verify your identity before we can process your request.
Transferring Data Internationally
Azullian, headquartered in Belgium, stores the data collected through our Services on servers located in the United States, European Union, and other regions, including places outside the EEA. This is vital for facilitating your access and use of our Services. The data may be transferred to our service providers and affiliates who assist in our business operations (as detailed previously).
Be aware that some of these countries may not offer the same level of personal data protection as is available in the EEA. When transferring your personal data outside of your country, we take necessary measures to ensure that your data is adequately protected and your rights are preserved.
For further details about the safeguards we employ, feel free to contact us.
Updates to This Policy
Contact Us for Data Processing Inquiries
For any queries or feedback related to the processing of personal data, please feel free to reach out to us.